Our goal is to help you achieve your organization’s mission by facilitating improved governance and financial understanding. In addition to providing training and workshops, we can work with your team to create compliance and procedural documentation and financial modeling to help sustain your organization. We also provide interim leadership solutions.
What is it that you need us to do? Create a Compliance Manual? Calendarize your organization's functions to ensure proper oversight? Create budget and cash flow models? Assess staffing needs? Tell us what you need and we'll tell you if we can help. If we can't help we can probably direct you to someone who can.
Previous assignments have included creation of business plans, financial crisis management, interim leadership solutions, financial pro-forma modeling, etc.
We are available for short or long term consultation arrangements and can help arrange interim management structures and leadership.
Nonprofit management and related issues don't have to be boring, really. Our presentations, developed with a sense of humor, cover:
- Compliance: Why the rules matter and what you can do about it.
- Understanding Cash Flow and Budgeting
- Board Membership Made Easy
- It's not rocket science. It's raising money, spreading the word and making sure no one's breaking the rules. Here's how.
- Contingency Planning and Budgeting:
- In this session we review the basics of budgeting and investigate how nonprofit organizations must create “What-if” scenarios to plan for various outcomes. By engaging the Board and Management team in planning, hard decisions are not made in a time of panic, but thought out and driven by the mission of the organization. The financial climate will certainly improve at some point in the future, but until then, how will you fulfill the mission?
We offer training in:
- Understanding Cash Flow and Budgeting.
- Board Membership made easy, with sections on:
- Assessment: Developing criteria for everything from programs to staffing and Boards
- Compliance: How do you know when you're breaking the rules?
Quotes From the Field
"David Gray is one of the most articulate and knowledgeable professionals I have come across in the area of nonprofit finance. As a teacher of Board members and senior staff and executives, he is both entertaining and compelling. He has an uncanny ability to make nonprofit finance both interesting and understandable both to those who are novices to the world of finance as well as to those who might consider themselves experts in finance in the corporate environment. I would attend any course taught by David."
President and Chief Executive Officer
United Way of Monmouth County
"We had a unique training need and David jumped enthusiastically on board. The preparation and execution was on the mark! Participants enjoyed the humor and could not believe how well they related to the case studies developed specifically for this workshop. "
Program Coordinator, Watershed Institute
Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association
"David somehow manages to make nonprofit financial management for the left brain-impaired sing. From balancing cash flow to reading budgets, David makes information essential for artists and arts managers refreshingly useful. How he does it is part keen wit, part years of experience and wholly magic. A learning experience not to be missed!
Director of Arts Policy Information
Americans for the Arts
We want to hear from you. Do you need help in budgeting, financial understanding, coping with the looming need for compliance monitoring? Do you need training in any of these areas? Do you need a speaker who can actually talk about cash flow without putting people to sleep?
- (609) 924-0040
- (609) 924-0090
- Postal address
- 195 Nassau Street, Suite 31
Princeton, NJ 08542
- Electronic mail
- Information: info@FinanceArts.com